Trusting the Lord Jesus Christ for our salvation and looking to the New Testament as our rule of faith and practice, we therefore voluntarily band ourselves together as a body of baptized believers in Jesus Christ for a more certain preservation of the principles of our faith, to the end that this body may be governed in an orderly manner consistent with the eternal Word of God, in the adoption of this Constitution for our government, the affirmation of faith as a guide to our doctrine, and the covenant as a guide for conduct.
1. THE WORD OF GOD - We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, fully inspired and without error in the original manuscripts, written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and that it has supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct. (John 17: 17; Romans 15 :4; 2 Timothy 3: 16, 17; 2 Peter 1: 19-21)
2. THE TRINITY - We believe that there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons; that these are equal in every divine perfection, and that they execute distinct but harmonious offices in the work of creation, providence and redemption. (Matthew 28: 19; John 1: 1-4; I John 5:7)
3. GOD THE FATHER - We believe in God, the Father, an infinite personal spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love. We believe that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men, that He hears and answers prayer, that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through faith in Jesus Christ. (John 3: 16, 17; John 4:24; Psalm 8:3-8; John 17:5; Ephesians 2:8,9)
4. JESUS CHRIST - We believe in Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in his virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings. We believe in His substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people, and personal visible return to earth. (Isaiah 7:14; John 1:14; Philippians 2:5 - 11; Hebrews 1:2, 3; 1 John 1:7)
5. THE HOLY SPIRIT - We believe in the Holy Spirit who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify, and empower all who believe in Jesus Christ. We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Christ, and that He is an abiding Helper, Teacher and Ruler. (John 14:26; John 16:7 - 15; Romans 8:14 - 17; Ephesians 1:13, 14)
6. REGENERATION - We believe that all men are sinners by nature and by choice and are, therefore, under condemnation. We believe that those who repent of their sins and trust in Jesus Christ as Savior are regenerated by the Holy Spirit. (John 1:12,13; John 3 :3,16,17; Acts 20:21; Ephesians 2:1-9; Titus 3:5)
7. THE CHURCH - We believe in the universal church, a living spiritual body of which Christ is the head and all regenerated persons are members. We believe in the local church, consisting of a company of believers in Jesus Christ, baptized on a credible profession of faith, and associated for worship, service and fellowship. We believe that God has laid upon the members of the local church the primary task of giving the Gospel of Jesus Christ to a lost world. (Matthew 16:16-18; Acts 2:38-41; Ephesians 2:19-22; 5:25-27)
8. CHRISTIAN CONDUCT - We believe that a Christian should live for the glory of God and the well being of his fellow men; that his conduct should be blameless before the world; that he should be a faithful steward of his possessions; and that he should seek to realize for himself and others, the full stature of maturity in Christ. (2 Corinthians 9;6-8; Ephesians 4:11-16; Philippians 2:14-16; Colossians 3:17-23; I Thessalonians 5:17,18)
9. THE ORDINANCES - We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ has committed two ordinances to the local church, baptism and the Lord's Supper. We believe that Christian baptism is the immersion of a believer in water into the name of the triune God. We believe that the Lord's Supper was instituted by Christ for commemoration of His death. We believe that these two ordinances should be observed and administered until the return of the Lord Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28;18-20; Acts 2;41, 42; Romans 6;3-5; I Corinthians 11 :23-32)
10. RELIGIOUS LIBERTY - We believe that every human being has direct relations with God, and is responsible to God alone in all matters of faith; that each church is independent and must be free from interference by an ecclesiastical or political authority; that therefore Church and State must be kept separate as having different functions, each fulfilling its duties free from dictation or patronage of the other.
11. CHURCH COOPERATION - We believe that local churches can best promote the cause of Jesus Christ by cooperating with one another in a denominational organization. Such an organization, whether regional or district conference, exists and functions by the will of the churches. Cooperation in a conference is voluntary and may be terminated at any time. Churches may likewise cooperate with interdenominational fellowships on a voluntary independent basis.
12. THE LAST TIMES - We believe in the personal and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ to earth and the establishment of His Kingdom. We believe in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment, the eternal felicity of the righteous, and the endless suffering of the wicked. (John 5;28,29; Revelation 20: 1-15; 2 Corinthians 5:10; Matthew 25:31 46)
13. SANCTITY OF HUMAN LIFE - We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life. (Psalm 139; Matthew 10:29-31; Luke 12:33-34; Ephesians 6:10-11)
14. MARRIAGE – We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. We also believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God. (Gen 2:18-25; 1 Corinthians 6:18; 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4; Matthew 15:18-20; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10.)
15. GENDER IDENTITY - We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person. (Genesis 1:26-27)